Friday, February 5, 2010

How can I get deer to come to my BACK yard?

Our house (which is about 100 feet from a lake) is surrounded by woods, except for a large driveway and private road. I know that there are deer nearby-we have seen them before, and had maybe 2 or three come into our yard, in 3 years. We have put out a sensor-camera, and only caught one deer munching on corn.





Is there any way to lure them toward the back of the yard?How can I get deer to come to my BACK yard?
put out feed.. Get feed corn from a farmers supply or during hunting season Wal-Mart (in the US) sells it.. IF there is bettre food, they WILL come. A salt lick is a great attractor as well, also at a farm supply or walmart in season.How can I get deer to come to my BACK yard?
salt block, deer are beautiful, but they can also be dangerous and destructive. think twice before inviting them to your yard.
use a salt block and leave apples nearby, deer love apples.
Try one of those big old salt blocks, they love to lick those things!! I had a neighbor buy a salt block (i dunno where) and put it on a tree stump in their yard and the deer would come all the time!
You WANT deer in your backyard? I know people who would do anything to keep them out! All you have to do is plant flowers - but don't expect the flowers to stay long!


Just kidding. A salt block is probably the best idea.
plant a small food plot that is attractive to deer. You can get seeds specially designed for deer at your sporting goods store. Try putting up a corn feeder with a timer on it set to when you are there so you can see them. Deer will figure out what time it goes off and be there waiting on it. Also, make sure there isn't any neighborhood dogs running loose to scare them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment