Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What does everyone think of women who deer hunt?

I am 25 yoa female and I went deer hunting for my first time tonight. Sad to say I didn't get one :( But I am going to keep trying just wondered what girls guys anyone thinks of women hunting is it a turn off or turn on. Think its cool or they are outta place opinion and facts all welcome thanks so much.What does everyone think of women who deer hunt?
I am a 38 year old female and have hunted for most of my life . It is a passion that only hunters and fisher woman can understand. If you like to hunt , then hunt and by all means have fun and enjoy what u like to do. You do not have to explain yourself, if it feels good do it. Hunt for you and no-one else. Does it really matter what anyone else thinks???? I like archery and black powder. it is your time to stand alone and be you.What does everyone think of women who deer hunt?
I think it is a great thing and helps preserve the sport, the land for future hunting generations of both male and female hunters.





My wife shares the love of hunting and the outdoors not to my degree but still really loves it. She can outshoot alot of people. That is one reason I love going the range so often. Also, since I like hunting and outdoors stuff, she doesn't hate me for it and doesn't think I am out with another women! She can always come out and check up on me! Which she does as often as she can and gets drawn for. She is no stranger to men and our gruff ways, she had two brothers and when I was kid she was in our deer camp too. Her dad was alot like me always camping and fishing and hunting. So, that helped out alot. My mom never liked hunting, she never went nor wanted too, but she supported it and was interested in what we did. I still remember the first time I got my elk. Dad took me to a pay phone at the local town restaurant. She was so happy and always talked so loud on the phone that I had to hold the reciever away when she found out I got one on opening morning. But, it is women who go hunting who amaze me, not in a bad way, I just think it is awesome that they share the same passion as ';us men'; in our ';manly'; sport. I think it is a sport for both sexes and wish there were more women out there.


I also wish more women would hunt and show all the emotional non-hunting/anti-gun/hunting women that it is a great sport and not males crazed with testosterone killing things for the fun of it. Have fun, be safe, and good luck on that deer.
You Go Girl! Show those men what a Real woman can do!!!


Good Luck!!
I'm a 34 yo female in Texas, and I love hunting! My 3 yo daughter has been raised with my husband and I both hunting, and she wants to hunt to, once we think she is old enough.





I have to totally agree with your statement about controlling the deer population and about the meat being healthier for you to consume. Around our house, we use deer meat for everything - chilis, stews, hamburgers, sausage, in mixes such as Hamburger Helper - it's just delicious! Add to that fact that the deer population can outgrow its territory, resulting in sickness and injury to the deer - hunters actually help out the deer by hunting them.





Unfortunately, some men are threatened by the presence of a female in hunting scenarios. I wouldn't let this deter you. Deer hunting is a time for me to commune with nature and be relatively stress-free. I enjoy going and sitting in the pasture or the deer blind and watching and listening to the nature that surrounds me. I also enjoy the ';thrill of the hunt';, no matter whether I am hunting for bucks or does. It's always nice to think about that perfectly placed shot that drops the deer you want. And if you are a bit like me, there's always something to learn about deer behavior to improve your hunting skills, so there's never a boring moment.





Continue hunting - have lots of fun - and good luck bagging your first deer!
my wife and my sister in laws both deer hunt i think it is cool and hot that they provide or try for there families
who cares what guys think? if u like then go for it. im a girl and i luv hunting
I think if you want to go deer hunting (or any kind of hunting) go for it.my mom went hunting years ago with dad and got a real nice buck.
My wife went with me the last time I went deer hunting. Me and my wife do everything together. I enjoyed my wife trying hunting, she looked good in her camo and orange and took the experience very seriously. My wifes brother and his girlfreind also hunt together. There is nothing wrong with a female going hunting. ;)
I think it's totally cool if you're doing it within all the legal boundries. More power to ya', sister!! Just don't waste the meat, there are people starving in this world. Deer meat, done correctly, is quite yummy.


Of course, animal rights fanatics might not agree with me, but I guess they think it's better that these animals over-populate and starve, get hit by cars, etc...
Got a sister that hunts???;)





Keep huntin'...men that hunt LOVE women that hunt...trust me!
There is nothing hotter than a female hunter. You are rare game and I hope you keep with it. Nowadays, There seems to be a lack of men and women alike who are willing to enjoy the outdoors and partake in all that it has to offer. In fact, since I was 10, I have always hoped that my future wife shared the same passion for the outdoors as I do. Rock on and good luck.
Very cool, good for you
I think its great women r more patient which gives them the upper hand as far as that goes . also anyone who ethically goes out and hunts is all right with me
Thats great if you enjoy it ,just make sure you pass an F.I.D. coarse,AND EAT WHAT YOU KILL! I own a camping lodge I was there once.
i think it is great all the females that are in my family hunt
Bravo for you, nothing wrong with it as all, I have a friend who is 75 years old and hunted all her life, she's even good at fishing, caught a record salmon a few years ago, when you see and talk to her, she is very much a women, another thing, if there were no hunting season, there would be so many animals roaming around everyone would be trapping or hunting them in there front yards...go for....
I'M A WOMAN AND I LOVE TO HUNT. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, IT'S THE YEAR2006. HOPE YA HAVE BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME! I'LL BE ROOTIN FOR YA.
Hope you didn't get discouraged over the first day. A bad day hunting is still better than a good day at work. :)





If you don't mind me getting a bit political, make sure your elected representatives know your opinions. If they're courting women's votes, they need to know we're not sitting around watching Disney movies and forming our opinions there. Women are the fastest rising demographic for hunting licenses. :)





Good luck for the rest of the season!
I think female hunters are awesome, they too should be able to enjoy the outdoors the same way men do.
GOOD FOR YOU!


man woman or child----there is nothing better than getting out in the woods even if you don't get anything
I think its a good thing that more women are starting to hunt. I come from a long line of hunters and my sister just started hunting last couple years and i have several female friends who hunt as well. its actually pretty cool my girlfriend wants me to take her out to learn how to shoot... I am in heaven hehehe. As for you being sad that you didn't get a deer while hunting don't be sad. Hunting doesn't just involve shooting an animal. Hunting is MUCH MUCH more than that.... Its an experience being in the outdoors with nature, hearing the squrriel chatter (although annoying afterwhile) in their habitat, or seeing some birds swoop down to the ground to pick up seeds or spook a moose up who runs across your trail. Your sad I say thats too bad, you got to go out into the outdoors and experience nature first hand you have had the chance to become connected to nature... thats one of the first steps to being a conservationist...





Women hunting Glad to see it pick up... Just worried that my sister will be better than me lol just kidding
I don't see anything wrong with it. I have an aunt, and a cousin, who both deer hunt. I don't do it, myself, but that's because I don't want to go sit in the cold, before daylight. Good luck.
I'm 25 and female too and I hunt. I love it, it give me a chance to spend time with my dad and uncles which is the best part. I also love the taste of wild game and the hunt itself. It is my favorite thing to do. I got my first deer when I was 15. Shooting it was the easy part. Dressing and dragging is a job, XD but well worth it. Good luck!





P.S. MANY straight women hunt or sport shoot. Sexual orientation has NOTHING to do with it...how silly that someone said that...
God. I wish my wife hunted!
If you were single I would beg you to dear hunt me. !!! Oh sorry ,deer hunt.


All jokes aside my Mom taught me to hunt . I killed my first wild hog at age 6 with Dads 30-06 . At age 9 Mom gave me Gramps old Springfield 45-70 a gun my Daughter uses to this day .She is 33 as of yesterday.


HUNT AND ENJOY LIFE . Just do not sit in a stand and shoot Bambie. if you are going to hunt do it right. Find track and sign then trail your deer all day or days if you must . Thank God before you squeeze the trigger that he has given your hunt to you for food.


This is the difference between a true hunter and someone with a blood lust that kills for the sake of killing.
I think it is great that a women is hunting. Some of the best hunters are a women. I know a woman who just killed a 25 point buck with her bow. Hunting is a smart, fun way to control the animal populations. And there is a great reward for killing deer (the meat). Hunting is great for male and females both.
Go for it hope you get one good luck wish I had a woman who liked to hunt and fish and who enjoyed the out doors as much as i do that would be my dream girl
I think there should be more women like you. Dont listen to all of the humanists in this forum. They would rather sit at home playing online chess than be in the woods or out fishing. They dont understand that hunting isnt about the kill, it is about the hunt. They dont know how keen your senses become when you are sitting in a treestand. Or what emotions you get when a deer walks within 10 yards of you as if you werent even there. But all in all I think it is AMAZING that you hunt. I only wish there were more of you up here in NY. Good luck hunting.
that's cool.plus it keeps meat in the fridge.i don't like it that people say';i don't agree with hunting...';for whatever reason.unless you'er a vegetarian,i think it's a more humane way to get meat than slaughtering domestic animals(not that i disagree with that).the wild animals do have a chance,ones on a farm don't(think about that when you eat your next big mac!).plus the meat is not contaminated with steroids or other chemicals.plus,it keeps down over population of animals which helps maintain healthy wildlife as opposed to sickly,starving animals(so long as the animals aren't over-hunted,like the bison)and crop damage to farmers is reduced.i don't agree with people who hunt strictly for trophies,however.....


so anyway,you're cool with me,especially if youo can still look good in an evening gown or tight jeans(LOL).


have a great day!
Girl's that hunt are dieing for male attention.
i think anyone who hunts for fun is really messed up. who gave u guys the right to ';regulate deer population'; maybe i should go on a mad rampage (im not going 2 4 all u people who think im crazy im just using this as an example) and kill millions of people to ';regulate the population';. ya that would be great. kill for fun. yep. really nice. question, ever see bambi? did u feel sad, maybe just a little? hunters in life, are the badguys in that movie. if u saw it and felt sad, why do u take up the character of the badguy?

No comments:

Post a Comment