Sunday, February 7, 2010

When and where should I start putting my scouting cam. and deer feeder out in the woods?

I have a small area to hunt but there are a lot of trails. How do I pick the best one to put my cam. Where and when should I put my deer feeder out ,and should I just put the cam on the feeder?When and where should I start putting my scouting cam. and deer feeder out in the woods?
The best thing is to put your camera on your feeding area so that you can see what's doing the feeding.Put your feed where you plan on putting your stand. The corn will pull the deer to it. This will enable you to put the stand in the most strategic location for a shot ( a small clearing inside a thicket, for an example) Good luck! It wont be long now, and good times will be here again!When and where should I start putting my scouting cam. and deer feeder out in the woods?
Always try to locate an intersection. Placing the feeder on it will draw the most results. Make sure it is close/within range from where you will be putting your stand tho.





We usually put our stands and cameras out in July or late June...that way the deer have plenty of time to adjust to them before bow season.





We put minerals out right away in the spring-like early March. Once the leaves fall off the trees, we use mineral and corn. It has worked wonderful for many years for us. (We whitetail hunt in NW Wisconsin)
If you're in Michigan, you'd better wait until the DNR lifts the feeding ban if they haven't already done so.
set it up 10 meters away from a good worn trail and do it about 2-6 days before you hunt and keep food on it

No comments:

Post a Comment