Friday, February 12, 2010

Do you have a good recipe for deer tenderloin?

Please, I'm not looking for a cut and paste from, or a link to, some recipe website.





I want to know if you have personally mastered a recipe to share with me. I have lots of deer and I really like tenderloin. I just need some new ways to fix it.





Thanks!Do you have a good recipe for deer tenderloin?
I am a former chef from Canada and have cooked deer tenderloins, moose, elk, musk ox, wild boar, and deer tenderloin is not as strong a meat as loin or shoulder, as like in a cow it is an involuntary muscle and gets not use or movement.





I would treat it like beef tenderloin, you can marinate it, I use a wine one but the soak the other person said it fine to, I would not ruin it with cracker crumbs like a veal cutlet, with a nice mushroom sauce, wine sauce or sauteed veg, it should not be overcooked medium to medium well so you can taste the meat, even wrapping with bacon for flavour and juiciness.Do you have a good recipe for deer tenderloin?
I soak it for one day in the following:





Cold water


1 cup of vinegar


whole cloves


1 whole garlic - cleaned


Salt and pepper


1 stick of cinamon


5 bay leafs


1 tablespoon of all spice berries


1 onion cleaned and sliced





I submerge the venison loin and let it soak over night.





Next day, drain the liquid and dry the loin very well with paper towels.





Season well with S%26amp;P, oven to 425





Make sure meat rests for 30 minutes after you take it out of the fridge





Put poin in pan, drizzle it with olive oil





Add some 1/4 cup of water in the pan





Drizzle a bit of worchester sauce.





Add 2 fresh bay's into the water.





Add one fresh chopped onion and 2 garlic cloves.





Bake until you reach desired temp.
i get the meat and cut in 1 inch pieces, let them soak over night in Worcestershire sauce. the next day take them out of the juices. season with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper.


whisk together eggs and buttermilk


get some seasoned bread crumbs


first put the meat in the wet egg and buttermilk


then put the meat in the bread crumbs.


wrap those pieces with bacon


using tooth picks to hold the bacon on the meat


fry until golden brown.
Depending on much you making I beat a couple of eggs with a splash of milk, then smash up some Ritz crackers really fine and mix them with a cup of flour. Dip the venny in the egg mixture and then the flour/ritz mixture and slowly pan fry in a ton of onions and real butter. Salt and pepper and prepare to eat way more than you normally would.





Easily my fav meal of all times.
check this site out:





http://thefrustratedmoms.com/script/Wild鈥?/a>
I like it dipped in egg and then flour with salt and pepper and fried in a little oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment