Friday, February 12, 2010

What is the best way to keep deer and rabbits out of a veggie garden?

The deers are eating out tomato plants and half runners and the rabbits are eating the beets. I need help!!!What is the best way to keep deer and rabbits out of a veggie garden?
Get deer fencing and 10' t-posts. You can buy then at the local garden center--like a Grange Co-op.





Deer fencing is made of plastic. It's 10' high, black and you really don't see it. That's why the deer stay out. They cannot figure it out.What is the best way to keep deer and rabbits out of a veggie garden?
A very tall fence. Then try hanging bars of soap like Lava, dial something smelly irish spring on a rope. Blood meal and peper are suppose to help. You can deer proof is about all. Good luck.
My grandma always hung plastic bags or tin pie plates around her gardens. She hardly ever had problems.
Set high fence with sharp edges
take some tall metal poles (about 5 feet in height) and fencing and create a fence around the garden. in order to get into the garden u can put in a little gate somewhere along the fencing. all this is sold at stores like loew's and the home depot. u can also put rocks and stones in some places becuase deer don't really walk on those.
Caster Oil





It really works!


I tried the blood meal, pie tins, EVERYTHING!





First used it on my sunflowers after having it recommended by a local garden shop. It really works and it is not harmful to the plants, children or pets.





Put about 2 tablespoons of caster oil in a watering can and sprinkle around the perimeter and then over tops of veggies.





Reapply as needed.
A fence, needs to be at least 6 ft high, and the bottom has to flare out underground so the rabbits can't dig under it.


Or a gun.
Plant sunflowers to keep the deer out of the garden--as for the rabbits plant extra lettuce for them at one end of the garden just for them--these work for me--
shoot them
Deers and rabbits! You live in a very fun place! lol Embrace the little creatures , lol :-)
Put a fence around the garden.....just be careful not to put the fence up with the bunnies on the inside!
Human hair is a deterrent for deer.
The best way is to fence in your garden.
get a dog
Sprinkle some of that cologne that you got for a gift and don't like...I will bet that they won't like it either. Old Spice works great for just such a thing... Anything to get that human smell.
I just had a problem with something eating my peas... I bought some spray that is natural.. made with eggs, garlic, peppers..... and more stinky stuff. You just spray it on the leaves... and it STINKS!... and they don't eat it... it worked right away for me.. although the first night I applied it even I didn't want to be in the garden! But it was worth it... by the next day I could only smell it when I was right near the plants I sprayed it on and immediately whatever it was stopped munching. I have peas now!!!!! Yay! I did reapply after about a week and a heavy rain, and I'm hoping the animals will just remember and stay away... but I'm ready for them if they don't.
Keep a dog down by your garden. The smell of the dog should keep them away. Mothballs might also work.
go to the butcher shop and get some blood...... sprinkle that around the perimeter of your garden ..... this will work for a few weeks after that you will have to build multiple fences, one inside the other atleast 6 feet tall and solid so they cannot see through. Otherwise you will have to shoot them. A dog might work for a while but it will have to be a big one and trained to chase and bark at deer. Some dogs will just ignore them
MOTH BALLS ... spread around GOOD FOR gofers Too!
tabasco sauce
http://www.critterridders.com/scarecrow.鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment