Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where can I get the deer whistler or some tool that will help keep deer out of my path whilst driving?

I have hit 2 deer in the last 6 months. Not one to get into accidents. Haven't had one in 16 years aside from these 2 deer. Was going the speed limit, pretty defensive but there they were. Just appeared. I am paranoid this is going to happen again. I have heard of the whistler. Where could I get it online? Are there other solutions I am not aware of? Thank you.Where can I get the deer whistler or some tool that will help keep deer out of my path whilst driving?
Contrary to what some have said above DEER WHISTLES DO WORK! But not perfectly. They are better than nothing!





What I am talking about is the low cost whistles that produce an inaudible whistle above the frequency of human hearing. They produce this sound by the air from the car moving rushing through them.





I used to work for a company that did trucking at night. We had several collisions with deer. There are deer whistles that can easily be installed on autos or trucks. They should be available at almost any auto parts store. I do recommend them. However, a word of caution--they will stop deer dead in their tracks. They do not cause deer to run away! So if a deer is in front of you, he will probably remain in front of you--frozen. However, this is better than the alternative, which is the deer getting scared by the head lights and jumping and thrashing around in a panic. If the deer freezes in his tracks, you can usually maneuver around him. The worst is if he comes through the windshield--people have been kicked to death after a collision with a deer and it came through the windshield.





Watch for green grass along side of the road. Deer have to have some green stuff to eat, otherwise they will starve. The grass along side highways tends to stay green even in wintern hence it brings the deer close to the highway. Areas with green grass along them are areas to use caution. Slow down along these areas whether you have deer whistles or not.





Once in a while you will have to run a wire through the whistles to make sure that air can freely move through them. It is easy for them to get clogged.





Remember that they are not 100% effective so use caution. But, I highly recommend them.Where can I get the deer whistler or some tool that will help keep deer out of my path whilst driving?
There is no indication that deer whistles, either mechanical or electronic, make a sound that can be heard by deer. In any case, you would be out-running the sound and would hit the deer about the same time it heard any ';whistle';.





I had the mechanical ones on a motorcycle.
THEY DONT WORK! save your money......just pay attention when you drive and if something gets in your way..........turn.
Electronic Deer Alert


ultrasonic pulses lets you


avoid animal collisions.





http://www.google.com/base/a/1454847/D18鈥?/a>





$27.59 plus tax and shipping
walmart
the academy our any other store that caries deer hunting supplies maybe even some auto part stores have them bumper guards do work it lowers the impact of the deer hittin yuor car
You can buy the whistle at Auto Zone, Nation wide, Pep-boys.


But they do not work.


Try driving alittle slower so that maybe you can see them sooner.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol did a test of deer whistles and their conclusion was they do not work. Their advice to avoid deer/car collisions is to be more alert. use your high beams whenever possible.
try an online search google or yahoo i think walmart also had them





we have them on our cars and so does my family they do work deer are a pain been there done that





: )
http://www.deerwhistle.com/
I bought mine at walmart. couple bucks....lol.


yeah, I am really careful driving in the parts that are prone to dear. I know where these area's are because there are always dead deer laying there. and i slow down. Also, know the times of day when deer are out. they like to come out, and cross roads to get to water at DUSK and DAWN. and they come out when it sprinkles too. good luck.
walmart has them, but I've heard they don't work too well
wal marts sells them and I believe I have seen them at pep boys, and autozone, most people say they don't work but I have had real good luck with them, I drive 33 miles on way to work and a lot of the trip is rural road and the deer have started to cross the road and then turn around and go the other direction, I have used them for 15 yrs. and so far I haven't hit a deer.
There is not much you can do. A deer will even run into the side of your car. Solution is to have more hunting days to thin them out.
Whistlers dont work. I would say you live in a community that is rapidly growing. we have the same problem here. they just have no where to live. Just pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment