Friday, February 5, 2010

What kind of motion detector will alert me to deer etc in my garden?

I would like to make an alarm system for my garden to detect deer and maybe smaller animals, that the dog would then shoo away. The garden is 100 feet from my house and measures 75x75 feet. What is the best type of motion detector for this application? Wired or wireless, battery or line voltage, manufacturer, the more specifics the happier I'll be!What kind of motion detector will alert me to deer etc in my garden?
Here is what I use.





I have a hard wired motion detector flood light made by Cooper Lighting. It covers a large area. The light has a box that you plug in, inside the house. It will sound a chime or turn on a light to let you know the light outside has been triggered. You can buy multiple outside sensors to cover an even larger area.





The deer set it off easily, as do the turkeys, however the rabbits only set it off about half of the time. Only draw back is that when it gets really windy the trees' movement will set it off.What kind of motion detector will alert me to deer etc in my garden?
House alarm systems have motion detectors that you can install. I don't know how weatherproof they are. But, if you can get one that is weatherproof, you can get a wireless one that would transmit a signal to the main unit in the house. Alarm systems also have a chime mode, where every time the detector is activated (by motion, or opening a door or window), a chime or beep goes off.





As far as the kind to get, there are so many on the market. Just look on ebay at the various kinds that are available and study up on the different brands to find one that suits your needs.
I found some websites you can check out





It's a little of everything hope I helped!





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment