Friday, February 5, 2010

What is an affordable deer hunting rifle and where can i get it?

I need an affordable deer rifle to buy for next season. i also need to know where I can find one online.What is an affordable deer hunting rifle and where can i get it?
Mossberg 100-ATR chambered in .270, 308 or 30-06.....





Some Walmarts that have a gun counter usually have these in stock.....





http://www.mossberg.com/products/default鈥?/a>





These are decently accurate and not too expensive.... 2 Of my friends just purchased 2 of these chambered in 30-06 for $321 scope included.....





These are an inexpensive decent economy rifle --- You wont win a target competition with the 100-ATR but will have absolutely no problems taking deer at reasonable ranges......





http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossberg_鈥?/a>What is an affordable deer hunting rifle and where can i get it?
I second the Tikka t3. I have one in .270 and it is awesome. I strongly discourage buying a firearm online for two reasons:





1. You always want to hold a rifle, see how it feels on your shoulder, work the action, etc. before you buy it. For example, when I bought my T3, I found I liked the feel of it alot better than a Kimber that was twice the price. I also reccomend going to a store that specializes in hunting, like cabelas, gander mountain, or a local gun store. Most of the time, the people there will be more than happy to help you find the right rifle.





2. If you buy online, you have to have it shipped to someone with an FFL, i.e. your local gun store. Point being, you will have to go there anyway so you might as well buy it from them, rather than a website. Also, if its a local place you bought the gun from, they will usually be happy to help if you bring the gun back with problems or questions. It really helps to establish a relationship with this type of buying
30-30


Great all around deer rifle and worth every cent. Winchester and Marlin both make a quality 30-30. I regularly find them used in the $250-$300 range. I haven't checked the new gun market for a 30-30 lately, but here's a site...
Just bought my son a savage 111 at ***** Sporting Goods. Think it was around $300 and it came with a 3-9x40 scope and sling. Got it in a .270 Winchester. Also give Budsguns.com a try. I don't think you can buy any cartridge firearm online without having it shipped to an FFL. though.
Walmart usually has Remington buckmaster with scope for under $500 from .243-.300 win mag.
The two above me are right on a 30-06 for long range or a 30-30 in brush or short range.


Both can be had cheaply at a gun show or used at a gun store.
umm


get a Tikka T3 in either the 243. win or 270. win, its about $550 and its a beautiful rifle
.30 06 pawn shop
www.gunbroker.com





I'd go with a .243 or .270 for a very good all around cartridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment