Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How do I stop deer coming into my garden without harming them?

I would like to find a way to stop them without having to go out and chase them off. Has anyone got any ideas?





Thanks! ^_^How do I stop deer coming into my garden without harming them?
I use my husbands hair! After he shaves it off of his head, i sprinkle it around! Has worked for me! And its free!How do I stop deer coming into my garden without harming them?
Human or predator urine usually works...deer repellants use them. Garden shops or possibly hunting shops should sell them.
You can buy deer repellant at the hardware store, doesn't hurt them.
Try this. Persuade them to search for food elsewhere. Put salt/mineral blocks, or whole corn away from your garden. That way, you still get to enjoy them without them annoying you.
I've seen deer and rabbit repellant at the nursery and hardware stores. It's not supposed to hurt them. You can try lining your yard with amonia soaks rags. The deer will think a large predator is there and has urinated so will stay away. This is something people have done for skunks and stuff as well. This winter, the snow has been much thicker, so we get all the deer coming down. We have a deer trail right through the middle of my backyard. The upside is that I'm getting some free fertilizer for the lawn, but they ate the little cedar tree and I'm afraid they are going to eat some of my other plants. Wish they'd eat some lawn, it's too long! They even eat the birdseed out of the bird feeder they are so hungry! Good luck!
I have used my little dogs hair after my husband gives him a haircut but here is my favorite: Four eggs mixed up in a gallon of water. Deer do not like the smell of eggs. I use it on my rose bushes and it really works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment