Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How can i stop whitetailed deer from eating my plants and shrubery?

I am having trouble with deer destroying my plants and trees.This is becomeing expensive and disgusting.Can someone please recomend a inexpensive solution.How can i stop whitetailed deer from eating my plants and shrubery?
I've tried just about everything because I have the same problem with white-tail deer. Select plants they do not like... cana lilies, rosemary, lavender, etc. Ask at your garden store... they definitely can help. Also try a product called Deer Scram. (Do a keyword search.) You sprinkle it around your yard and it supposedly keeps the deer away. I tried coyote pee (it comes in a bottle at the garden shop) but it didn't work. Also tried motion sensor lights. Didn't work. Deer get accustomed to these things and they figure out pretty quickly that nothing is going to happen. I've even found deer staring into my windows. Finally, I had to build cylindrical wire cages around all my tomatoes, lemons, and other plants. It's the only thing that's worked.How can i stop whitetailed deer from eating my plants and shrubery?
Deer are one of the most adaptable animals out there. They will quickly identify with most of these methods and realize that there is no danger associated with them. For instance, human hair works for a little while, until the deer learn that humans don't go with the hair!





Your best bet is to use all of these, randomly and change them freqently, because deer season won't come for many months. When it does, and assuming that you're not within city limits, recruit area hunters to put down the population!





Two more to add to the list: get some habanero peppers, and slice them open (leave the seeds). Put them in an old nylon stocking, and tie it shut. Put this into a sprayer bottle and fill with water. Let the water steep--it will become hot like the peppers. You can spray this on plants, too, and it will temporarily repel rabbits and deer.





And finally, you can purchase a fine plastic netting (like chicken wire, but made of synthetic material) and drape over your plants.





Good luck.
pee weekly around your yard.dried blood from predators avail. at garden supply shops.noisy windchimes help some.


(pee works if you're not a vegan)
string tin cans close enough together that they make noise when the deer come in contact.Also a motion sensor light will scare them off
No, don't shoot them. Human hair will do the trick. You can go to your local salon and ask them to save it for you. Sprinkle it around all your plants. The scent of humans will keep the deer away.
I placed a deer feeder in area away from my gardens. Before that I couldn't keep them from my plants. Deer corn is cheaper than replacing my plants. They also munch on the natures vegetation around the area were I have the deer feeder. For three years now I have had no problems with them eating my plants. This way I enjoy my plants as well a watching the deers come to their feeder. The neighboring deer hunters during deer hunting season does help with the over population. There's also some sort of product you can pour around your garden that is suppose to keep deer from your garden that can be purchased at you local garden center.
If you had a dog outside it should scare them off by the barking. If this doesn't work then a fence, If this doesn't work and it is the most least expensive SHOOT them.
SHOOT THEM AN PUT THEM IN THE FREEZER!!!! LOL!!! NO, ALL JOKES ASIDE!! I'D PUT UP AN ELECTRIC FENCE!! THEIR REALLY NOT THE EXPENSIVE!!!
don't move then shoot it.
Some friends of our gave us this idea and it works GREAT, plus it's fairly inexpensive.





Irish Spring soap sliced into shreads with a potato peeler (which you can do while you're watching tv). Place the soap around the plant. Deer hate the smell as much or more as they do the taste.





I have over 250 hostas which the deer used to eat to the ground. Not anymore!
Well You can put a fence up or I would also suggest to google it !!! Or do some searches on Yahoo!!
shoot it
Shoot them?? Venison taste great. Seriously, you can buy deer repellant or make some. Here it how to make it:





http://www.ehow.com/how_155976_make-deer-repellant.html





here is a little more info:





http://www.lotf.com/misc/deer/deer.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment