Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How can I keep deer out of my vegetable garden?

I live on 80 acres, with trees and fields, surrounding. We have deer and moose,and various smaller critters.How can I keep deer out of my vegetable garden?
This is the way I kept deer out of my garden. First of all I fenced it in which kept the smaller animals out. Then I took plastic rope and strung some aluminum cans on it and then strung it around the fence . tieing it on the fence post but leaving it sag in the middle. so the minute there is a touch to the fence the aluminum cans will clash together making a noise that will scare the deer off. It has worked for me now for 5 yearsHow can I keep deer out of my vegetable garden?
What are those common deer-resistant trees and shrubs?


http://homegarden.expertvillag鈥?/a>

Report Abuse



Sprinkle hair clippings and pee at various spots.
I can thin the population on them down for you. If you need anyone to hunt a few of them let me know!! lol
Try cyanne pepper !!!! Sprinkle it on the outside plants. Washes off when you pick them or it rains,must re-apply...
try hanging some bars of hand soap, and sprinkle some human urine around the perimeter of your garden

No comments:

Post a Comment